Bullying and Harassment Awareness
1 day Training Workshop
Please see this workshop as a great start however only a part of your solution .
Organisations that are serious about removing or preventing workplace bullying recognise that in order to do so they must be both strategic and tactical in their approach.
Please see this very helpful article by Lisa Bonet on Bullying and Harassment
We suggest adopting a systematic and robust methodology in the prevention and removal of Workplace Bullying and Harassment.
This methodology has been proven to work time and time again and has been endorsed by Government Departments, Unions and Private sector organisations.
- Define a clear policy which is clear and unambiguous.
( We can help you here if you need us to)
- Put in place the infrastructure to support the implementation and adherence to the policy.
- Clearly communicate and train all staff and managers on your policy
and your organisation’s stance on acceptable and unacceptable workplace behaviour.
- Your organisation must then have the courage to stick to its policy. Walk the Talk
- Then to deal firmly with all incidents of workplace bullying wherever they arise.
Aim of the Bullying and Harassment Workshop
It will raise awareness of the thin red line between banter/fun and harassment and on to bullying.
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to :
- Describe the relevant employment legislation and legal framework for workplace equality.
- Recognise and describe harassment and bullying behaviours.
- Recognise the effects and impact of harassment and bullying.
- Understand the importance of setting standards of behaviour
- See the benefits of creating a harassment free working environment.
- Understand how to deal with situations which may arise
- See how to act effectively and proactively in order to amend behaviour.
What does the Bullying and Harassment Workshop Cover?
Like all of our workshops this will take a group coaching style
and will be very you and your organisation focused and very interactive
- Bullying and harassment legislation.
- Bullying and harassment policies – the basics.
- What is bullying and harassment?
- What are acceptable/unacceptable behaviour?
- Why does it occur?
- What does equality & fairness mean in practical terms?
- What makes people feel valued in the workplace?
- What makes people feel devalued?
- Treating other correctly.
- The effects of bullying and harassment.
- Investigating bullying and harassment.
- Prevention – good practice guidelines.
Who is the Workshop Suitable for?
Target audience – Managers and staff.
Prerequisites – None.
What does a 1-day On-Your-Site Workshop cost?
If the bullying and harassment workshop looks like something that would suit you
What should you do now?
Call us now on: 0845 652 1955 from your landline
or 0333 444 1955 from your mobile
Email us on: email@example.com