Finance for Reluctant Financial Managers
A one day workshop for new managers and other people wishing to learn more about the basics of finance.
- To learn the vocabulary of finance necessary to be successful.
- To learn new skills around managing the finances of a business
- To learn (or review) the nuts and bolts of finance necessary to run a successful business.
- To use our financial skills to make better management decisions.
Your chance to get finance completely clear in your mind – and to ask all the so called stupid questions you want.
Theory – realisation that cash is king
Theory – the impact of stock management on the P&L.
Just in time ordering.
Discounting and Pricing Management
Theory – the impact of pricing on the P&L.
(e.g. offer 20% off to a customer ….. the impact on profit)
Theory – Communicating the importance of financial concerns to the rest of the team.
Profit and Loss Account
Theory – the nuts and bolts of the P&L, starting right from “why have accounts at all?”. Why cash does not equal profit. What’s breakeven.
Many Practical Exercises
- Exercises around the P&L. Ensuring complete confidence with the structure of the document. Examines the business case for employing a new member of staff.
- The specifics of a business financial system.
- Include definitions of net v gross profit, direct costs and overheads, COGS, depreciation, capital and revenue expenses.
- Exercises around “so what”
- – i.e. the implications of changes to the P&L.
What do we want delegates to be saying after the Workshop?
- “Phew – I understand the concepts
- This is not as hard as I thought it would be
- I am starting to realise that monitoring the P&L is the most important thing I will be doing
- I am determined to keep control of the finances of my business
- I am confident to make business decisions based on sound financial knowledge of my business
- Increasing prices is not the first thing to do to increase profits, I could reduce stock holding
- I need to be careful to keep cash in hand to play for things like VAT
What does Finance Management for the Unaccountable cost?
Grab the Price List for all variants of our workshops
Rainmaker On-Your-Site Workshops Price List Valid until Nov 2017
If this workshop looks like something that will satisfy your needs …
Call us now on: 0333 444 1955 from your mobile
or 0845 652 1955 from your landline
You can also Email us at: email@example.com