http://rainmaker-coaching.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/rainmaker-coaching-logo-300x138.jpg 0 0 Rob Biggin http://rainmaker-coaching.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/rainmaker-coaching-logo-300x138.jpg Rob Biggin2012-10-30 09:41:312016-12-14 03:11:42Career Coaching: Wannabe Promoted? Need a Plan? #4
Continuing Rainmaker Career Coaching Personal Promotion Plan
(we’d go through this with you as part of our Career Coaching Service)
Be a team player
- So much of work is accomplished through teams – departmental or cross-functional
- It is important to share successes with your team
- Avoid pointing your finger when there are failures.
- By being a team player, you will build your reputation and increase your value to the organisation.
Don’t fight Change….. Embrace it
- If you can’t seem to cope with change many bosses will find it hard to promote you
- If it’s revising your hours, budget or team, don’t moan about how unhappy you are
- Actively seek ways of making the changes work for you
Ask for more responsibilities first before asking for more cash
- Volunteer to help out other departments or teams
- Ask for more responsibilities
- Asking for more work shows your interest and desire to help your company to succeed
- It also puts a spotlight on your value to the organisation.
Create your own opportunities
- Study the challenges of the organisation
- If you see an area that has been neglected
- and you have key skills in that area
- write a proposal for a new position
- Even if the company does not go for the new position…
- You have shown your initiative, creativity, and value to the firm
- These things can only help you the next time you request a promotion.
Prepare for a “no not this time”
- When you’re denied a promotion, actually it is one of the best time to lay foundations for the future
- Ask when you can reapply:
- in three or six months
- or after a certain milestone has been achieved, i.e. landing a number of new clients
- Follow up with an email thanking your manager for their time and confirming the details you discussed
That’s the end of the Rainmaker Personalised Promotion Plan …
I really hopes it helps you in your career..
What is your promotion plan?
Tell me what you plan to do