http://rainmaker-coaching.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/rainmaker-coaching-logo-300x138.jpg 0 0 Rob Biggin http://rainmaker-coaching.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/rainmaker-coaching-logo-300x138.jpg Rob Biggin2012-10-30 09:40:492016-12-14 03:06:00Career Coaching :Wannabe Promoted ? Need a Plan? #3
Here’s Rainmaker’s Personal Promotion Plan
(We’d go through this and other topics as part of our Career Coaching Service)
Acquire new knowledge and skills
- Expand your knowledge and skills sets in areas that are critical to the organisation
- Technology and other forces change rapidly
- You need ever-increasing skills not only to perform your job, but to stay marketable.
- Employees who want to get ahead should keep current with industry news and events
- However pay attention to trends and events outside of your area too
Become a Master Office politian
- Relationships with others become more important as your career advances.
- Senior roles demand a higher level of political sensitivity,
- Show that you can navigate the minefield of office politics.
- Communicate openly and transparently
- If you must confront someone about a situation, go through formal channels.
Continuously Build your Network
- It really is not enough to work very hard if nobody knows about you.
- Let people know who you are
- Let people know your strengths and abilities
- Let them know your value to the organistion
- Let them know at least some of your ambitions
- That way your name will more likely be discussed when opportunities arise.
- One added benefit of networking is that you will learn much more about the company if you network with people in other areas of the organisation.
Let me know what you think …